Friday, October 8, 2010

Still up near Angel's Camp



Aug. 18, Day 19:




Today we skipped up to Lake Alpine. It took quite a bit of skipping considering it was an hour drive away. Let me just say that it took a few more skips than 10 on the hopscotch paved road to the lake. But, to get off that tangent, we had a marvelous time kayaking around Alpine. It was so peaceful paddling up and down the beautiful lake that it hardly seemed like exercise. Although by the third trip out I could really start to tell that it was in fact work. But it was very relaxing nonetheless. And I even completely drenched Zac who was in the seat behind me on my last time out in the open waters after he gave me a quick splash or two. I felt a little bad when the wind really picked up, but I figured it builds character. And what’s feeling a little bad for someone in the scheme of life anyway? Never seemed to help me much, but put myself into a lower state, similar to the individual I felt bad for in the first place. How does that help me?

After the time at the lake, we had dinner and celebrated Christmas and my dad’s birthday with the relatives. It is neither of those days, but the grandparents were anxious, like a certain Zac was to dry off, so we celebrated anyway. No way I would or could turn down pie and ice cream. Following the funny family festivities came grandpa’s book on making mouth sounds. We all looked and sounded so strange, and we laughed a hearty good long time. While I worked on my elephant and choreography, Zac mastered many other sounds in the book, showing us all up. Now I really don’t feel bad for soaking him. Now, if only he could invoke a sound that would dry him off faster, then I’d be impressed. And then perhaps I’d feel bad for him…nah, no I wouldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment